| Tuesday, March 30, 2004
|LIST OF THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW OR ONCE KNEW AND PROBABLY FORGOT
(extracted from the notes of John Boswell and Dan Starer)
the Four Phases of Sexual Response:
1. Excitement Phase. in men, the penis becomes engorged with blood, erect and hardened. in women, the clitoris becomes engorged with blood and the vagina becomes lubricated.
2. Plateau Phase. as sexual excitement continues, blood pressure rises, heart and breathing rate increase. in men, penis circumference increases, in women, the inner two thirds of the vagina expands and lengthens, while the outer third constricts.
3. Orgasm Phase. at the height of excitement comes the release in which men ejaculate and women experience a rhythmic contraction of the vaginal walls and clitoris. the heart and respiration rates more than double.
4. Resolution Phase. breathing returns to normal and swelling of the sex organs subsides.
the Four Types of Headaches:
1. Vascular Headaches, which includes migraines, so named because they are thought to involved abnormal functioning of the blood vessel in the brain.
2. Muscle- Contractions Headaches, which involves the tightening or tensing of facial and neck muscles.
3. Traction Headaches,w hich can occur if certain parts of the head are pulled, stretched, or displaced such as when eye muscles are tensed to compensate for eyestrain.
4. Inflmmatory Heaches, which can result from meningitis and diseases of the sinuses, neck, ears and teeth.
the Seven Primary types of Body Odors:
the Seven Warning Signs of Stroke:
1. a sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg.
2. difficulty speaking, total loss of speech, or trouble understanding others.
3. sudden dimness or loss of vision, particularly in one eye.
4. double vision.
5. unexplained headaches, or a change in the pattern of your headaches.
6. dizziness or unsteadiness
7. a recent change in personality or mental ability.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:31 AM
|ME AND MY BLOGSPOT
from now on i will only stay blogging and mind my own business. i promised myself that i will not give any more comments on any issues that i read in other peoples blog--- so that there won't be any replies or counter comments In my comments. my wife told me it is better that way cuz my blogspot is my blogspot even if nobody reads it.this is my outlet. somebody came into my web n sent me a nice comment---if you know what i mean. i am very sorry this person did not like what he reads in one of my comments---- but please don't be a person "na walang bayag" try to come into the open n tell what it is you did not like.
i never intend or pretend or think i am more intelligent than you. i never even hinted that i am intelligent than you. so if you think you have all the answers in the world-- its fine with me. next time you send me an email----"pakita mong may bayag ka", or else how will i know if you are "tuli" or "supot". so if you are really "macho" dont send me notes hiding in the "Abyss". even if you show me who you are---do you think i will waste my time seaching and looking for you.
my eldest son came into the picture again, telling me to stop this blog. again he reminded me not to be involved in any pinoy activities. he said it is not healthy. my other son said the same thing to me.
okey---to the phantom n ghost who sent the email..... your the best--- the most intelligent blog reader----your the top of them all---- i salute you.
and by the way----- YOU ARE A FUCKING ASSHOLE.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:07 AM
| Saturday, March 27, 2004
|COMPENDIUM OF PEOPLE/FACTS
Wallace and Wallenchinsky
(do you know any of these people?)
1. Ingrid Bergman (1915-1982)
2. Simon Bolivar (1783-1850)
3. Gabriele CoCo Chanel (1883-1971)
4. Herbert Hoover (1874-1964)
5. James Michener (1907- )
8. Muhammed (570-632)
9. Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
10.Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)
11.Leo Tolstoi (1828-1910)
Famous Men who have Publicly denied being Gay
1. Boy George (English Pop singer)
the androgynous pop star told a London times in 1984, "I'm not gay, and I'm not a transvestite,
no matter what anybody says, i am basically very much of a man." at other times. he basically described
himself as "very confused', "bisexual", and finally acknowledged his homosexuality in 1965.
2. Troy Donahue (American Actor) Donahue told People magazine in 1984, "i am not gay, once in a while people get me confused with another blond, blue eyed actor, who was around that time. He was married four times.
3. Michael Jackson (American Pop Singer) Jackson held a press conference in 1884 to refute insinuations the he was a homosexual. calling the rumors a "terrible slander", he treathened to sue any periodical that printed "new fantasies"
4. Ed Koch (New York city mayor) during the 1977 mayoral primary between Mario Cuomo and Ed Koch, the posters appeared throughout New York city with the slogan "Vote for Como, not the Homo", reaching to longtime standing that he was a homo,Koch told one magazaine "No, i am not a homosexual, if i am a homosexual, i should have the courage to say that".
5. Liberace (american pianist/entertainer) in 1959 Liberace sued the London Daily Mirro and one of its journalist for libe for implying that he was a homosexual. he said he had never been engaged in any homosexual activity. he won us$24,000.00 on a trial that only lasted of six days. in 1987, Liberace died of aids, the London times asked for a refund of the us$24,000 libel settlement it had paid to the pianist.
6. Pope Paul VI (roman pontiff) when italian magazine published an article in 1967 asserting that he was homo, Pope Paul VI took the unusual step of issuing a denial in a public speech from the balcony of St. Peters. he called the magazine "a horrible and slanderous insinuation". then he implored catholics to "pray for our humble person, who has been made the target of scorn, by certain press lacking dutiful regard for honesty and truth". soon afterwards the italian polic mass confiscated all the magazine on grounds thatit had libeled the catholic church.
7. Randy Travis (american country singer) the popular singer angrily denied in 1991 supermarket tabloid that he was a homosexual. he siad, " i usually let things slide, but i could'nt this times. there is no man alive that can prove that statement, because it is not true".
Famous people who acknowledged having had at least Homosexual Experience in their Lives
1. Voltaire (french philosopher) when he attended the catholic college, Louis-le-Grand ion Paris, he said "those damned Jesuits buggered me to such a degree that i sahll never forget in my hwole life."
2. Leo Tolstoi (russian author) he confided in his diary, "i have never been in love with a woman, but i have quite often fallen in love with a man"
3. Winston Churchill (british prime minister) he acknowledged to novelist W. Somerset Maugham that he'd once had sex with man , "to see what it was like". his partner turned out to be Ivor Novello, a dashign and handsome popular musical playwright.
4. Marlon Brando (american actor )in 1976, in a publicity interview for his fim the "Missourri Breaks", Brando told a french newspaper, "homosexuality is so much in fashion it no longer makes news, I, too, hae had homosexual expereriences and I am not ashamed of it."
5. Richard Burton (british actor) after portraying a homosexual in the 1969 film "Staircase", Burton privately acknowedged that he had "tried" homosexuality once, just for experience.
6. James Dean (american actor) he bragged to a friend that he's perfoemd homsexual acts to "five big names in Hollywood"he also calimed that he work as a street hustler with his friend Nick Adams.
7. David Bowie (british rock star) the king of camp rock told the magazine Melody Maker that he was bisexual. he also told another magazine that him and his wife Angela was dating the same man.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 5:16 AM
| Thursday, March 25, 2004
|ADVANCED MEDICINE IN THE PHILIPPINES
(sent by a friend)
AT THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF MEDICINE:
an Israeli doctor said:
"medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of man
and put it in another man and have him looking for work in six weeks."
a German doctor said:
"that's nothing, we can take a lung out of one person and put it
in another person and have him looking for work in four weeks time".
a Russian doctor said:
"in my country medicine is so advanced that we can take half a heart
out of one person, put it in another and have them both looking
for work in two weeks time".
a Filipino doctor said:
"you guys are very behind. in the Phils. we took a former movie actor
with no brain out of san juan, put him in malacanang, and in no time
half of the country was looking for work. and just to prove it was no fluke,
we are going to do it again."
|posted by infraternam meam @ 5:00 AM
| Wednesday, March 24, 2004
|EARLY DETECTION OF STROKE
(relayed to me by a friend)
i was recently given another comprehensive blood chemistry by my doctor last two weeks ago and he increased all dosage of my medications that i have to take for the rest of my earhtly life. i have medicine for blood pressure and cholesterol and others. my doctor was telling me that i have history of heart problem in my family and i have to take all the necessary precautions. my father just had a quadruple bypass four years ago at the heart center in Pinas and my youngest brother died of congenital heart problem. not to mention the rest of my tribe who died of hear t problem.
sometimes symptoms of heart stroke are difficult to identify. unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. the stroke victims may suffer brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke. now doctors say any bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions to the person with a problem or having a stroke stroke:
*** ask the individual to SMILE
*** ask him/her to raise both arms.
*** ask the person to speak a simple sentence.
if she/he is having trouble with these tasks, then you have to call for an ambulance or rush the person to the hospital immediately.
Here are some more instructions to follow when stroke happens:
if you are home alone and had a stroke, call 911 first. if you are alone in your car and have chest pain, numbness in the arm or jaw and suspect you may be having a heart attack, and do not the tel to call for help, drive yoruself to the nearest hospital.
Cough and contineously. take deep breath and cough hard repeatedly until help is available. this action of coughing hard repeatedly, keeps the heart pumping and could save your life.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 4:32 AM
| Monday, March 22, 2004
|THE WINDOWS OF MY WORLD
i was awaken by my dog at 2pm. misty knows my waking time. i always sleep at 5am cuz i arrived home at around 330am n cannot sleep easily., i still have to read my books. 5am is the earliest and 6am is the latest sleeping time for me. when my dog misty woke me up, i went straight to the bathroom, took the morning pills for my thyroid n other complicated illnesses. then have to wait for one hour until i will be able to eat anything. while waiting for the medication to kick in at least an hour, i have to take my sugar reading. there are three glucose meter reader in the house, one at the bathroom, one in the kitchen and one that i bring along with me at work and elsewhere.
the sugar is alright and its time to eat breakfast. my breakfast is always between 2pm n 3pm. this is the routine of my life. i heard my younger son down in his bedroom at the basement. i cannot beleive it--he is home and there is still light outside. i called on him and asked him to make me a cheese omelet.
we talked, which is a very rare occasion. we were talking about marriage and raising a family. he told me he is not yet interested in getting married. for him marrying age is 30. we also talked about health---he was looking at all the medicine that i am taking. he knows that these are all for me for the rest of my earthly life. he gave me reminders on how to take care of myself. APOLOGIZED and told me at times he is the one causing me anger and pain. i told my youngest son, i was proud of him and i love him very much. he told me YOU AND MOM MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME . then he went downstairs to his room in the basement and i heard him talking on the fon to his friend. i was eating--- i did not know i was in tears until the tears fell on the side of the plate of the omelet. so i asked myself if all fathers become sentimental when their children says things that is very deep in their heart.
i then called my eldest son, who is now at work after school. he is managing a pizzeria at the downtown area of my town. at first ring he ansewered the fon and said that he is prepairing the cooks and the front counter for the customers. i told him i have not seen him for almost 10 days now. he has his own apartment. he told me he is busy with school and work. he said he will eat dinner with me and my wife tonite since i am off this evening.my eldest son told me EVEN IF I DONT SEE YOU VERY OFTEN DAD--- YOU ARE STILL WITH ME, YOU ARE MY FATHER AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. he said goodbye, i hang on to the fon, i was clutching it, like it was about to melt in my hands, tears came running in my cheeks, i was crying and i dont know why. i looked at my dog, she seems like she understood everything and kissed my feet. she stood up and asked to be taken and be carried and kissed me and licked my tears.
why do i shed tears----- because i find these moments in my time A KODAK MOMENT.
i always see the world around me THRU THE VOICE AND MESSAGES OF MY TWO BOYS THAT I LOVE VERY MUCH.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:24 PM
| Sunday, March 21, 2004
|WITH YOU IN MY LIFE
compilation of short love notes
as compiled by :CMH
Indian Wedding Blessing
Now we feel no rain, for each of us will be a shelter to the other.
Now we feel no cold, for each of us will be warmth to the other.
Now there is no loneliness,
for each of us will be acompanion to the other.
We are two bodies, but there is one life before us and one home.
When evening falls, i"ll look up and there you will be.
I'LL take your hand; you'll take mine, and we'll turn together to look
at the road we traveled to reach this;
the hour of our happiness.
It stretches behind us, even as the future lies ahead.
A long and winding road, whose every turning means discovery.
Old hopes, new laughter, shared fears.
The adventure has just begun.
Others may measure time by days and years,
but we measure our lives
by laughter and the tears.....(Robert Browning)
Having a place to go ---- is a home.
Having someone to love ---- is a family.
Having both ---- is a blessing. (Donna Hedges)
In the arithmetic of love,
one plus one equals everything,
and two minus one
equals Nothing. (Mignon McLaughlin)
The difficulty with Marriage is
that we fall in love with a Personality
but must live with Character. (Peter De Vries)
This is the True measure of love,
When we believe that we alone can Love,
That no one could ever have lLoved so before us,
And that no one will ever Love
in the same way after Us. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Kindness is the life's blood, the elixir of marriage.
Kindness makes the difference between passion and caring.
Kindness is tenderness.
Kindness is love, but perhaps greater than love.....
Kindness is goodwill.
Kindness says, "I wnat you tobe happy".
Kindness comes very close to the benevolence of God. (Randolph Ray)
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
LOVE NEVER FAILS. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)
I love you not for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you.
I love you not only for waht you have made of yourself,
but what you are making of me.
I love you for the part of me
that you bring out. (Elizabth Barrett Browning)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 9:53 PM
| PROVERBIAL PASSAGES THAT MADE ME STRONGER
|(abstracted from the book of : CAROLYN WARNER)
True greatness lies not always
In the winning of worldly fame,
Nor doing our best spurred on by the cheers
And plaudits that follow our name.
But he who can face with a cheery grace
The everyday of life,
With its petty things that rasp and sting,
Is a hero in the strife.
(Fannie Herron Wingate)
We need not power or splendor, Wide hall or lordly dome;
The good, the true , the tender,
These form the weath of home.(Sarah J. Hale)
Make a memory with your children,
Spend some time to show you care;
Toys and trinkets can't replace those
Prescious moments that you share. (Elaine Hardt)
Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life. (Maureen Hawkins)
God sent children for another purpose that merely to keep up the race----
to enlarge our hearts;
and to make us unselfish and full of kindly symphaties and affections;
to give our souls higher aims;
to call out all our faculties to extended enterprises and exertion,
and to bring round our firesides bright faces,
happy smiles, and loving and tender hearts. (Mary Botham Howitt)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 5:16 AM
| Friday, March 19, 2004
|GREAT QUOTES BY GREAT WOMEN
(abstracted from the book of:CAROLYN WARNER)
"Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Help to make happy
Like the heaven above".(Julia Fletcher Carney)
"if i can stop one heart from breaking,
i shall not live in vain;
if i can ease one life the aching,
or cool one pain,
or help one fainting robin
unto his nest again, i shall not live in vain". (Emily Dickinson)
"a girl can wait for the right man to come along,
but in the meantime that still doesn't mean
she cannot have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones".(Cher)
"most women set out to change a man,
and when they have changed him,
they dont like him." (Marlene Dietrich)
"a man can be a part of the design of your life,
but it doesnt' necessarily the redesign of your life."(Glenn Close)
"macho does not prove mucho". (Zsa Zsa Gabor)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 5:40 AM
| Thursday, March 18, 2004
abstract from the book of LILIAN TOO
WHAT IS FENG SHUI?
Feng Shui is an ancient science that goes back at least 3,500 years. the practice of Feng Shui has its roots in the chinese way of of viewing the Universe, where all things on the Earth are categorized into five elements , which are:
FIRE, METAL EARTH, WOOD, AND WATER.
this energy is known as CHI or mor colorfully, the Dragons' Cosmic Breath, which brings good fortune for those who are surrounded by it. the five elements make up the central pillar of Feng Shui.
literally translated, Feng Shui means....Water and Wind and refers to the earth, its mountains,valleys and waterways whose shape and size and directions and levels are created by the interaction of these powerful forces.
Feng Shui is best understood as the SCIENCE OF SELECTING or ARRANGING A LIVING ENVIRONMENT and of improving one's immediate living and work space to strengthen further this vital balance and harmony.
GREAT EXAMPLES OF FENG SHUI:
1. the Layout of the buildings and waters of the Forbidden City in Beijing.
2. the layout of Hongkong harbor that helped the lasting financial success of the former colony.
3. the chinese architectue in Taiwan, wherein Feng Shui was introduced after the death of Chiang Kai Shek(1949)
4. the Governor's mansion in Hongkong was spoiled by the killing energy of the Bank of China bldg, Feng Shui was undertaken to remove the bad elements.
5. Singapore's Prime Miniser Lee Kuan Yee, used Feng Shui in order to aid the republic's stunning economic growth. he also redesigned a banknote depicting a dragon guarding Singapore's river and harbor.
6. California realtors has now to consult a Feng Shui master and arrange the house layouts in order to be able sell the real state.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 4:23 AM
| Wednesday, March 17, 2004
abstract from the book of LILIAN TOO
after i have attended a chinese wedding--- i got struck by the Feng Shui that these chinese are all talking about. so when i got home-- i got me a whole book on the compendium of Feng Shui.
** Feng Shui is not a spiritual practice which creates miracles. it does not bring overnight successes. it does not change any circumstances of an individual's life.
** Feng Shui works according to the quality of the energies that surrounds any domestic or work space. those who would promise insans wealth, winning the lottery and creating immediate gratification, donot truly understand Feng Shui.
** Feng Shui cannot create a good fortune on its own, but it can create favorable energy around your home or office so that when bad luck strikes-- it tempers the ill-fortune and reduces the loss, making things easier to bear.
** Feng Shui enhances the good fortune of a person when one is going through a good fortune according to ne's fate or destiny.
THE TRINITY OF LUCK IN THE WORLD OF FENG SHUI:
1. Heaven's Luck, is with whcih one is born. this is called Tien Chai, this is not within anyone control. no one is dominion over the circumstances of his/her borth, nor the food and bad periods of one's life.this is why prayer is so powerful, and why religion plays such a vital part in life. Divine help from heaven is not within mankind's control and it is not to be confused with Feng Shui.
2. Earth Luck, or Ti Chai, is within our control. Earth Luck is the luck that comes from the environment and this gets strengthened when the Feng Shui of one's surropundings is auspicious.
viewed within the context of Feng Shui, for if earth luck is withoin one's control -- and if we can actively create good Feng Shui in our homes and offices, then doing something to improve our personal enviroment must significantly illuminate our life's luck.
3. Mankind Luck or Ren Chai. this is within our control. this is maximum potential that accompanied by exually strong and excellent Feng Shui, which brings advancement and the promsie of higher incomes, if one will not work positively or complementing ine's propitious fortune with good old fashioned hard work, with apositive attitude and a determined outlook--then all your good Feng Shui gets squandered.
i am sleepy. it is now 4:05 am 17 Mar. i need to go to bed. i will continue tomorrow
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:40 AM
| Tuesday, March 16, 2004
|THE CHINESE ZODIAC SIGNS
last weekend, we were invited to attend a chinese wedding reception. it was very nice and the chinese culture was really done on this wedding including the reception that followed. lots of the family members are in Red color and black outfit.
the dinner was a LAURIAT, having more than six main entries to eat and consume during the course of the evening meals. but what really strikes me most is when you arrive at the venue and approach the receptionist at the entrance of the reception---- the receptionist will ask you if you want to tell her the year of each guest birth and in turn the receptionist gives out a colored picture of the animal that represents each guest Zodiac at the back of the pictured animal. so i quoted all the Zodiacs that i have seen and collected. i don't believe in Horoscope --- but this Chinese Zodiac has stricken a chord in me.
1. RAT (1924/1936/1948/1960/1972/1984/1996/2008)
.... You are imaginative, charming and truly generous to the person(s) you love. However, you have the tendency to be quick tempered and openly critical. You are also inclined to be somewhat of an opportunist. Born on this sign, you should be happy to be a writer, publicist or a critic and sales.
2. OX (1925/1931/1949/1961/1973/1985/1997/2009).
...A born leader, you inspire confidence from all around you. you are conservative, methodical and good with your hands. Guard against being chauvinistic and always demanding your own way. The Buffalo will be successful will be successful as a skilled surgeon,or hairdresser.
3. Tiger (1926/1938/1950/1962/1974/1986/1998/2010)
....You are always sensitve, emotional and capable of great love. However, you have a tendency to get carried away and be stubborn about what you think is right, often seen as a Hothead or rebel. Your sign shows you would be excelllent as a boss, explorer, race car driver or matador.
4. RABBIT (1927/1939/1951/1963/1975/1987/1999/2001)
....You are the kind of person that people like to be around with- affectionate, obliging, always pleasant. You have a tendency tough, to get too sentimental and seem superficial. Being cautious and conservative, you are successful in business but would also make a good lawyer, diplomat or even actor.
5. DRAGON (1928/1940/1952/1964/1976/1988/2000/2002)
....Full of vitality and enthusiasm, the Dragon is a popular individual even with the reputation of being hoolhardy and a "big mouth", at times.You are intelligent and gifted ana a perfectionist, but these qualities make you unduly demanding on others. You would be well suited to be an artist, priest or politician.
6. SNAKE (1929/1941/1953/1965/1977/1989/2001/2003)
....Rich in wisdom and charm, you are romantic and deep thinking and your intuition guides you strongly. Avoid procratination and your stingy attitude towards money. Keep your sense of humor aboutlife. The snake would be most content as a teacher, philosopher, writer, puschiatrist and fortune teller.
7. HORSE (1930/1942/1954/1966/1978/1990/2002/2004).
...Your capacity for hard work is amazing. You are your own person, very independent. While intelligent and friendly, you a strong streak of selfishness and sharp cunning and should guard against being egotistical. Your sign suggests as an adventurer, scientist, poet or politician.
....Except for the knack of always getting off on the wrong foot with people, the goat can be charming company. You are elegant and artistic, but the first to complain about things. Put aside your pessimism and worry and try to be less dependent on material comforts. You would be best as an actor, gardiner, or beachcomber.
9. MONKEY (1932/1944/1956/1968/1980/1992/2004/2016)
....You are very intelligent, clever and witty. Because of your extraordinary nature, and magnetic personality, you are always well liked. The monkey however, must guard against being an opportunist and distrustful of other people. Your sign promises success in any field you choose and try.
10. ROOSTER (1933/1945/1957/1969/1981/1993/2005/2017)
....The rooster is a hard worker, shrewed and definite in decision making. Often speaking his mind. Because of this, you tend to seen boastful to others. Tou are a dreamer, flshy dresser and extravagant to an extreme. Born under the sign shouild be hapyy as a restaurant owner, publicist, soldier or world traveler.
....The dog will never let you down. Born under this sign, you are honest and faithful to those you love. You are plagued by constant worry, a sharp tongue and a tendency to be a fault finder. You would make an excellent businessman, activist, teacher or secret agent.
....You are a splendid companion, an intellectual with a very strong need to set difficult goals and carry them out. You are sincere, tolerant and honest but by expecting the same from others, you are incredibly naive. Your quest for material goods could be your downfall. The pig would be best in the arts and an entertainer or possibly a lawyer.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 4:09 AM
| Monday, March 15, 2004
|THE PERILS OF WORKING IN A UNIONIZED COMPANY
i am a Union Steward in one of america's leading airline. we have been part of a big airline union and i was appointd to serve as a Union steward in my department. at first-- i was hesitant because i did not know what to expect and i don't know what to do when confronted by problems. i was asked by the Union Representative in our district to accept the offer and be a Union Steward because the Union Representative said this is the rigt thing to do ---she ---knowing , that i work as a part time para-legal in a law firm.
there were so many cases that i have to represent. each case varies and unique in its own way. my boss and the management staff of of the bldg where i work ---- i know is a little bit hesitant to smile or to even greet me. i dont greet them nor do i look at them when we see each other in the hallway and cafeteria of the office. i always think and always take into practice that they don't pay for my salary and i am a Union Steward to protect the workers have a fair share and equal justice when they are in trouble.
last friday-- one of the agent was being placed into a level that is one step of getting fired. the team supervisors was saying the said agent has not achieve the expected productivity quota that is expected by the company. a hearing was set and i have been assigned to attend and argue for this agent. i was accompaying the Union Representative in the hearing. the case is so simple---but the attitude and the way the teams supervisors acted and the way they talked to the agent made me very upset and very angry.inside the deliberation room--- i gave one of the teams supervisor my rebuttal in paper. i was told that it has to be given to the hearing officer and the way this team supervisor talked to me on how to go about it---made me boil inside and the Andres Bonifacio blood and the Dekada 70 intuition in me came up.
i gave a piece of my mind to this team supervisor and challenge her to take the case to the labor relations and told her that i will still win the case on the grounds of Ethnic Innuendos that was used. we won the case---but my reputation as a Big Mouth Union Steward was now being spread around by this stupid team supervisor. i confronted this woman and told her that i have depositions from two agents about the things that she has been saying about me behind my back and told her---- I will sue her for Character Assasination. the African american community in my dept told me that they will all back me up and even sign any petitions that i will be asking for their signature.
then the Union Representative for the district told me---these are the perils that i have to face everytime i win a case and everytime i sit in conference with the management of this company fighting for the rights of the employees and union members.
i like the Perils and i like to face the challenges. they always joke me that i am a Brwon Johnny Cochran.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 4:05 AM
| Thursday, March 11, 2004
|LAMENTATION OF A FATHER ON HIS TWO AMERICAN BORN SONS
my eldest son, just celebrated his 23rd birthday this feb of this year, and my youngest son celebrated his 20th birthday jan. of this year. I LOVE THEM BOTH....THEY ARE EXTENSION OF MY LIFE.(MY WIFE IS THE SOUL OF MY LIFE). without all these components in my life--- i will be nothing.
i am now coming to a point in my life that i am longing to have little kids inside the house. my eldest son has already decided to live on his own and rented an apartment away from us. he is now living with his two friends at the downton area of chicago, closer to his school.
my youngest son---- although staying with me, i hardly see him. he lives at the basement and has his own access to the house without me knowing if he is in or out of the house. he told me also eventually he is moving out of the house.
both boys are now in college--- my ledest son now on his fifth year in college and said he plans to study for a masteral degree. my eldest son wants to be in the world market and in world business and trade, while my youngest son who is now on his first year in college, wanted to be a chef de'Parte and eventually puts up his own restaurant or become a sous chef' in a hotel.
one time, when i was able to have the rare opportunity to have my two boys at home for dinner on one of my rare days off from work--- we talked about them having their own family in the future and me becoming a grandfather. the conversation went on and on---me asking my eldest son when will he get married. he told me he will not get married until he is stable enough to raise a family and that he told me will be when he is 29 years old. same thing with the youngest son of mine. as usual--- i was trying to make them feel guilty telling both of them that i might not be able to see my grandchildren from both of them. my eldest son--who is always demonstrative of his affection and love --hug me and told me , "don't worry old man--- you will live longer and see them".
i had a lump on my throat. i was asking both of them if there is a chance that i can have a daughter in law from the Phils.--- but both told me that they are too CAUCASIAN and cannot comprehend and understand Pinays from back home, especially if they come from the OLD SCHOOL. my eldest son was telling me-- he does not have anything against the Pinays, but he really cannot comprehend any more the characters and the traits of Pinays back home. his younger brother seconded the motion. both of them was telling me, that we live in an all white community, they have been with all whites ever since they could remember and even if they have two Pinay class mates in high school, they are also too caucasian in character and all. my sons was telling me that they dont have any pinay classmates in college also.
i think i will end up having daughter in laws from a different culture.
now--- as i aged and so does the boys--- we rarely see each other. i come home at 3am everyday and when i come home--- i walk slowly and sleep at the guest room so that i will not wake my wife up cuz she has to wake up at 4:30Am and goes to work and take the train to downtown chicago by 5:30am. when i open up my eyes the next morning, i am all by myself and my dog in this big house which eventually will be very lonely when my youngest son also leave and take his own apartment.
i wanted to stop my boys from leaving--- but i cannot. i dont want to be a hindrance to all their plans in life--- to all their ambitions and to all their aspirations in life on their own. deep inside me, i don't want to let them go--- but i cannot. this is their culture and this is how they were raised up. me and my wife will eventually sell this big house and live in a small condo when we retire.
WHY CAN'T I NOT HANG ON TO MY TWO SONS??? WHY CAN'T I NOT HUG THEM ANYMORE LIKE BEFORE.?
I AM LOOSING MY SONS AND THEY ARE BEGINNING TO BE A MEMORY TO ME. I WANTED TO PULL BACK THE TIME AND HAVE THEM WITH ME AGAIN. I WAS BLAMING MYSELF BECAUSE I ACCEPTED AN OVERSEAS JOB FOR TEN YEARS AND MISSED MY BOYS GROWING UP. I CANNOT PULL BACK THE TIME--- I CANNOT HOLD THE TIME ON A STAND STILL.
OH GOD---- I MISS MY TWO BOYS VERY MUCH.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 4:09 AM
| Monday, March 08, 2004
|A COMPENDIUM OF WISE , WITTY AND IRREVERENT COUNSEL
(extract from the compilations of : Jon Winokur)
1. You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old. (George Burns)
2. The first sign of age.... is when you go out into the streets.....
and recognize for the first time ..... how young the policemen look.( Seymour Hicks)
3. Stay busy, get plenty of exercise and don't drink too much.
Then again, don't drink too little. (Herman Smith-Johanssen)
4. If you want to stay young-looking, pick your paretns very carefully. (Dick Clark)
5. Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it does'nt matter. (Satchel Paige)
6. When you get past fifty, you have to decide whether to keep your face or your figure.
I kept my face. ( Barbara Cartland)
7. Nature gives you the facer you have at twenty,
but its up to you to merit the face you have at fifty. (Coco Chanel)
8. I'll tell you how to stay youg...Hang around with older people. (Bob Hope)
9. The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.( Lucille Ball)
A L W A Y S......
1. Always live in the ugliest house on the street-----
then you don't have to look at it.(David Hockney)
2. Murder is always a mistake....One should never do anything
that on cannot talk about after dinner. (Oscar Wilde)
3. It is always the best policy to tell the truth,
unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar. (Jerome Jerome)
4. Therefore, from a logical point of view, Always marry a woman uglier than you. (Calypso Song)
5. Always treat a lady like a whore, and a whore like a lady .( Wilson Mizner)
6. Always forgive your enemies----- nothing annoys them, so much. (Oscar Wilde)
1. A woman who does'nt wear lipstick feels undressed in public. Unless she works on a farm (Max Factor)
2. Look for a woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress. (Coco Chanel)
3. A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence;
serving it's purpose w/o obstructing the view. (Sophia Loren)
4. Never wear anything that will panic the cat. (P.J.O'Rourke)
5. Men who wears turtlenekcs, look like turtle. (Dopris Lilly)
on N E V E R ......
1. Never trust anyone over thirty. (Jerry Rubin)
2. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. (Robert Heinlein)
3. Never get involved with someone who wants to change you. (Quentin Crisp)
4. Never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking. (Marlon Brando on the Godfather)
5. Never befriend the oppressed, unless you are prepared to take the oppressor. (Ogden Nash)
6. Never judge a book by its movie. (J.W. Egan)
7. Never give a sucker an even break . (W.C. Fields)
8. Never run after your own hat---others will be delighted to do it; why spoil their fun! (Mark Twain)
9. Never trust a man with short legs--- brain's too near their bottoms. (Noel Coward)
10.Never...Never...enter the house of SIN.( Cardinal Sin of the Phils. to Imelda Marcos , during the Peoples Power)
11.Never slap a man who chews tobacco. (Willard Scott)
12.Never co-sign. (Al Mcguire)
13.Never give a Power of Attorney. (Debbie Reynolds)
14.Never have yourself tattoed with any woman's name, not even her initials. (P.G. Wodehouse)
15.Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.(Emma Bombeck)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 2:20 AM
| Sunday, March 07, 2004
|MURDER MYSTERY AT MAKATI MEDICAL CENTER
(sent by a friend)
There was this case in the hospital's Intensive Care Unit, where patients always dies in the same bed
and on Sunday mornings at 11am......
..........regardless of the patients medical condition.
This puzzled the doctors and some even thought that it had something
to do with supernatural, or even......
No one could solve the Mystery as to
"WHY DEATHS HAPPENS ON SUNDAY, AT 11AM".
Jaime Licauco and Fr. Bulatao and Ateneo paranormal folks were called.
they arrived one sunday, armed with special photographic equipments,
infrared devices and motion sensitive radar to detect any presence.
So on the next sunday morning a few minutes before 11am, all
the doctors and nurses nervously awaited outside the ward to see for
themselves what the mysterious penomenon was all about.
Some were holding wooden crosses, strings of garlic, amulets, prayer books and other
holy objects to ward off evil spirits.
Just then, the clock struck 11..........
.................Mang Joe, the part time sunday janitor, entered the ward.......
...............................unplugged the Life Support system
............................................and plugged in the vacuum cleaner and started to clean.............
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:47 AM
| Saturday, March 06, 2004
|DID YOU THAT!!!! PART II
15. Balm for broken blisters...T o disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine. this is a powerful antiseptic.
16. Kill fleas instantly. Dawn dish washing liquid does the trick. Add a few drops to your dogs bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Goodbye fleas.
17. Rainy day cure for dog odor...Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh.
18. Eliminate ear mites. All it takes is afew drops of wesson corn oil in your cat's ear. Massaging, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin and smoothens the mites and acceleates healing.
19. Vaseline cure for cat's hair balls. To prevent the troublesome hair balls from you cat, apply a dollop of Vaseline petroleum jelly to your cat's nose. The cat will lick off the jelly, lubricating any hairin its stomach.
20. Quaker oats for fast pain relief. Its not for breakfast anymore. Mix 2 cups fo Quaker oats cup of water in abowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute. cool slightly and apply quaker oats to your hands for soothing relief of arthritis pain.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 4:36 AM
| Friday, March 05, 2004
|D I D Y O U K N O W T H A T ???
(compilation of added info YOU THINK YOU KNOW as sent by a friend)
1. Drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately ---- without the unpleasant side effect caused by traditional "pain relievers".
2. Did you know that Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for Burns?
3. Before you head to the drugstore for a high priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, you can chew first on a couple of strong Altoids Peppermints. They'll celar up your stuffed nose that easily.
4. Achy muscles from a bout of the Flu? Mix one tablespoon of horseradish in a cup of olive oil. Let mixture sit for 30minutes, then apply it as a massage oil, for instant relief for aching muscles.
5. Cure urinary tract infections with Alka seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka SAeltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly -- even though the product was never been advertized for this use.
6. Eliminate puffiness in your eyes.....All you need is a dab of Preparation H, which you have to carefully rub into the skin, avoiding the eyes. The hemorrhoid ointment acts as a vasoconstrictor, relieveing swelling instantly.
7. Honey remedy for skin blemishes..Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a band over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin, sterile and speeds healing. Works overnight.
8. Listerine theraphy for toenail fungus.....Get rid of unsightly fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.
9. Easy eyeglass protection.....To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply several drops of Maybeline Crystal Clear nail polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.
10.Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take one tablespooon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.
11. Coca Cola cure for rust. Forget those expensive rust removers. Just saturate an abrasive scrub with Coca Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the coke is what gets the job.
12. Cleaning liquid that doubles as a bug killer....If menacing bees, wasps, hornets or yellow jack in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409. Insects drops to the ground instantly.
13, Smart splinter remover....just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue all over the splinter, let dry and peel dry glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.
14. Hunt's tomato paste boil cure.... cover the boil with Hunt's tomato paste as a compress. The mixture from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to an X head.
TO BE CONTINUED.....I AM SLEEPY AND ITS RAINING LIKE HELL THIS MORNING.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 5:04 AM
| Thursday, March 04, 2004
|C U R M U D G E O N S / cur-mud-geon
(anyone who hates hypocrisy and pretense and has the temerity to say so;
anyone with the habit of pointing out unpleasant facts in an engaing and
1. If men could get pregnant, Abortion would be a sacrament.( Florence Kennedy)
2. Acquaitance is a person whom we know well enough to borrow from,
but not well enough to lend to. ( Ambrose Bierce)
3. Disney, of course, has the best casting. If he doesnt like an actor, he just tears him up. (Alfred Hitchcock)
4. Show me a great actor and I'll show you a lousy husband; show me a great actress,
and you've seen the devil. (W.C. Fields.)
5. To be an Adult is to be Alone. (Jean Rostand)
6. In America, sex is an Obsession, in ohter parts of the world, it is a Fact. (Marlene Dietrich)
7. America is the greatest of Opportunities and the worst of Influences. (George Santayana)
8. In America, through perssure of conformity, there is Freedom of Choice, but nothing
to choose from . (Peter Ustinov)
9. America is a mistake, a giant mistake! (Sigmund Freud)
10.Americans are the only people in the world known to me whose status anxiety prompts them to advertise
their college and university affiliations in the rear window of their automobiles. (Paul Fusell)
11.The discovery of America was the occasion of the greatest outburst of cruelty and reckless
greed known in history. (Joseph Conrad)
12.Americans are like a rich father, who wishes he knew how to give his on the hardships
that made him rich. (Robert Frost)
13.Americans can eat garbage, provided you sprinkle it liberally with ketchup, mustard, chili sauce
tabasco saue,cayenne pepper, or any other condiments which destroys the
original flavor of the dish. (Henry Miller)
14.The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear cut stupid moves, only complicated
stupid moves which makes us wonder at the possibility that there may be something to them
which we are missing. (Gamal Abdel Nasser)
15.We (Americans) don't know what we want, but we are ready to bite somebody to get it. (Will Rogers)
16.Americans are broad minded people. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic,
a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive----
something is wrong with him. (Art Buchwald)
17.Congress consits of one third, more or less, scoundrels; two thirds, more or less, idiots; and
three thirds, more or less, poltroons (Henry Lewis Mencken)
18.Rich bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair
that some men should be happier than others. (Oscar Wilde)
19.Balles if the fairies' baseball. (Oscar Levant)
20.The trouble with Born Again Christians, is that they are even
bigger pain the second time around. (Herb Caen)
21.One should forgive their enemies, but not before they are hanged. (Heinrich Heine)
22.England is the most class ridden country under the sun.
It is a land of snobbery and priviledge, ruled largelky by the old and silly. (Geroge Orwell)
23.The English never smash a face. They just merely refrain from asking you to dinner. (Margaret Halsey)
24.I believe every human has a finite numbers of heartbeats.
I dont' intend to waste any of my time running around doing exercises. (Neil Armstrong)
25.When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other. (Eric Hofffer)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 12:48 AM
| Wednesday, March 03, 2004
|CHECK UP TIME AGAIN FOR MY WHOLE BODY
having been sickly ever since i celebrated my 50th birthday five years ago, i am now in constant watch by my doctor. i see my endo every other month and my regular doctor every month. this is the time of the month that i have to go and have an intensive blolod chemistry again. the process of extracting the blood is easy. all i have to do fasting for at least 12 hrs before the procedure and then watch how the needles gets stuck thru my veins in four different parts of my body. then, wait and inhale and exhale while your rear end is facing your doctor and while your doctor checks from my ears -- to my nose -- to the fingers-- to the toe nales and -- the reflexes of my knees -- to the throat and lastly my rear end.
the doctor always do last ------- the rear end, prior the blood chemistry procedure. i wonder why the rear end test is always the end.
i had the follwing blood chemistry and urine test.:( i wonder what will be the result this friday )
1. BASIC METABOLIC PANEL, BL
2. CARDIAC RISK , BL
3. UA - MICROSCOPIC, UR
4. PSA - SCREENING, BL
5. THYROID STIM. HORMONE, BL
6. THRYROXINE, FREE , BL
7. URIC ACID, BL
9. GKYCOSYLATED HB/HGB AIC, BL
total of ten blood chemistry comprehensive test. i was at the hospital practically half of the day. my wife took some time off from work to accompany me. she knows that i worry too much when it comes to testing and all this kind of treatment.
my insurance is going bankcrupt on me. i have 8 medications for the rest of my earthly life, that kept on adding and highering their dosages. in order forme to save on the co-payment, i have to buy some of my medicines from Canada and as far as Manila. the insurance pays for the bulk of it, but i have a co-pay. even if still a small amount of money, with the number of medications that i am taking---- my co-pay will still add up and very bad in the pocketbook.
i cannot sleep, its already 1:35 am 03 march--- i kept on thinking what will be the results of the blood chemistry and what mystery will it bring again into my life.
I WILL WAIT FOR ANOTHER CHAPET OF MY LIFE.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 1:42 AM
| Monday, March 01, 2004
|LEAP YEAR/FEBRUARY ENDED
february 29 ended and thus the Leap Year calendar will come again after four years.
in order to understand Leap Year , we have to undertstand the calendar that the christians are using.
there are different types of calendar. 1) the chinese are using the Lunar calendar, 2). there is an Orthodox calendar, 3). there is also the Muslim calendar and there is also the 4). Jewish calendar.
the christians are using the Gregorian calendar.
by the late 15th century, the Julian Calendar called as such, cuz it was promulgated by Julius Ceasar in 46 B.C. was 10 days out of step with the seasons. in response, to the growing agricultural and navigational turmoil, Pope Sixtus IV contracted an astronomer Johann Muller to reform the calendar, but shortly later Muller was murdered. efforts at calendar reform shifted then to the secular arena for the next century, but the obstacles of nationalism quashed any hope of concerted efforts there.
finally Pope Gregory XIII was able to assemble a team of scholars under the supervision of Lilius. when Lilius dies, before completion of the calculations, the renowed Jesuit mathematician Clavius took over and finished the task. in Febraury 1582, the Supreme Pontiff issued a brief which corrected the system of reckoning days within the calendar and to erase the ten day error, decreed that October 5, 1582 would be October 15, 1582. Lingering suspicions of Rome's motives nothwithstanding, most of Europe quickly adopted the Gregorian Calendar, although for a brief period during the French Revolution, it was discarded in favor of a decimal based week.
the Orthodox Chruches notably have not yet adopted the Gregorian Calendar, and their Julian Calendar is now thirteen days off. the Gregorian Calendar is considered accurate to within one day in 20,000 years.
(extracted from the research of Rev. Peter M.J. Stravinskas, PhD. S.T.L.)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:59 AM