| Saturday, June 05, 2004
| THE ATKINS FOOD PYRAMID
|HERE'S WHAT TO DO:1. Limit andcontrol certain carbohydrates to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
2. Choose carbohydrates and food wisely (veggies,fruits, legumes, whole grain) avoid refined carbohydrates and foods with added sugars.
3. Eat until you are satisfied:
- - to maintain weight, eat in proportion to the pyramid.
- - to lose weight, focus on protein, leafy vegetables and healthy oils.
4. Everyone's metabolism and lifestyle are different. Discover your individual carb level to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Raise this level with additional exercise.
HERE'S THE START/ START AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PYRAMID OF FOOD WHICH ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A). Protein sources such as-- poultry, fish, beef, pork and soy products.
B). Vegetables such as salad, greens, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, spinach.
C). Fruits such as berries, pears and avocados.
D). Vegetables and seed oils, cheese and dairy, nuts and legumes.
E). Whole grain foods such as barely, oats and brown rice.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:29 AM