| Thursday, June 03, 2004
| JUNE 12 A VERY IMPORTANT DAY
|This is very important for me and my family because JUNE 12 is my 25th wedding anniversary. Imagine i survived the 25 years of marriage to one woman only and i have two boys in college and still asking me for money all of the time.
But June 12 is also important to all Pinoys, Before the rule of the Marcoses, the Phils is always celebrating its Independence day same with the Americans 04 July, until Marcos based the Declaration of Independed from the signing of the MALOLOS CONSTITUTION, which was June 12.
HOW WELL DO YOU UNDERSTAND INDEPENDENCE DAY
(abstracted from the Pilipins 2.0 Magazine)
1. When you read the word "Independence Day" you immediately think of :
a). the country's noble struggle against colonial oppression.
b). a national holiday with parades and boring speeches.
c). a movie where aliens invade the Earth, but are beaten when a hacker plants the Love Bug into their Motehr Ship (MS) operating system.
2. Independence Day is meant to commemorate:
a). the country's "Independence"
b). the country's "Day"
c). What, there's more?
3. No, seriously, June 12 is supposed to mark:
a). our national struggle for self-rule.
b). our national struggle for self esteem.
c). our national struggle for self rule self esteem.
4. The true meaning of Independence lies in:
a). not having a country run like heaven by foreigners.
b). having a country like hell by Filipinos.
c). having filipinos run like hell from their country.
5. A very important question we should all ask ourvselves during Independence Day is:
a). how can we, The People, best commemorate and venerate those noble heroes who've fallen in the long struggle for national dignity and nationhood?
b). how can we, The People, tlak in sentences like the one above? Oh come on, do we really?
c). which mall do I visit today?
6. The best place to celebrate Independence Day in order to feel true pride of country is:
a). near the Luneta grandstand.
b). at home watching TV.
c). in another country - preferably the US - while clutching our green cards in a heartfelt manner.
7. No Independence Day celebration is complete without:
a). a 24 gun salute.
b). a 24 gun salute and a parade of politicians.
c). a 24 gun salute with live rounds fired at a parade of politicians.
8. When you see the Independence Day parade in Luneta and watch the stirring sight of the full panoply of the country's armed might, the shape of tanks and marching soldiers, which of the followoing are you moved to ask yourself?
a). what's a panoply.
b). we have tanks?
c). i wonder if the soldiers have loaded rifles?
9. The best way to tell if your country is truly Independent is if the Independence Day military parade is being directed by:
c). the CIA
10. Do you realize that this year we're celebrating both Independence Day and the Inauguration of the new president in the same month? don't you think it would be a good idea to just combine the two ceremonies in one day?
a). yes, it would ne very symbolic.
b). yes, it would save money.
c). yes, it would save the 24 guns having to fire live rounds on two occasions.
HOW TO SCORE:
i you picked C as any of the answers the congatulate yourself, you are a TRUE FILIPINO, with proper understanding of Independence Day.
if you did notpick C at all, go back to watching the parade, the President is about to make a boring speech.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 1:24 AM