| Sunday, June 27, 2004
| IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR NURSES TO THE U.S.A.
|A hospital or nursing facility may commence an immigrant petition on behalf of a nurse who has a CGFNS CERTIFICATE.
In order to complete the immigrant visa process, the nurse must apply for a VISA SCREEN CERTIFICATE and present this certificate to the U.S. EMBASSY at the scheduled immigrant visa interview. The nurse can obtain a Visa Screen Certificate, after sucessfully passing both the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and the TSE (Test of Spoken English) . The nurse will incur application expenses for the Visa Screen Certificate, TOEFL and TSE (usd325.00/ usd110.00/ usd125.oo respectively)
1. To process the immigrant petition, the nurse will be asked to submit the following:
---FROM THE NURSE:-
// TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS
// NURSING LICENSES IN THE HOME COUNTRY
// CGFNS CERTIFICATE
// CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT (past employers; if available)
// CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATE (if any)
// MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (if married)
// BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF EACH CHILD BELOW 21 (IF ANY)
---FROM THE EMPLOYER:-
// EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT (signed by the employer and the nurse showing the wages before and after passing the U.S. licensing examination)
2. After approval of the immigrant petition, immigrant visa fees are paid at the National Visa Center (NVC). This is a new system. fees (usd335.00 per applicant) are paid for by the nurse and each member of the nurse immediate family (spouse and children below 21 when the petition was filed).
3. Once the process at the NVC is completed, the nurse file is forwarded to the US embassy in the home country.
4. The US embassy will schedule the nurse and the immediate family for an immigrant visa interview wihtin approximate 4 months after receiving the file from NVC. Along with the interview schedule, the US embassy will also send Packet 4, which must be completed and presented at the interview. The Packet 4 includes the authorization for medical examination to be taken at the hospital designated by the US embassy. The nurse will incur expense for the medical exam.
5. At the interview, the nurse must present the originals of the documents submitted in support of the immigrant petition. The nurse must submit the original Visa Screen Certificate. The nurse and family members must bring two photographs showing right ear and right cheek, as well as their passport and original birth certificates.
(given by INS Chicgo office)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:35 AM