| Tuesday, December 30, 2003
|HOW TO STAY YOUNG
By George Carlin
1. Throw out non essential numbers. This includes your age,weight and height.
---- let the doctor worry about it, that is why you are paying her/him.
2. Keep only the cheerful friends....
---- The grouches will pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
---- Never let the brain idle.
----"An idle brain is the devil's workshop."
---- And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh more often, long and loud.
---- laugh until you grasp for breathe.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on.
---- The only person who is with us our entire life, is Ourselves.
---- Be Alive while you are Alive.
7. Surround yourself with what youl Love, whether it's family, pets,keppsakes,music,plants, hobbies.
---- Your home is your Refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, Improve it.
---- If it is beyond what you can Improve, get Help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the Mall, to the country, to a Foreign country,
---- But not where the Guilt is.
10.Tell the people you Love that you Love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER-----Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take---but by the Moments
we take our Breath away.
|posted by infraternam meam @ 3:49 AM