| Tuesday, April 03, 2007
| POP QUIZ ABOUT CAR...DO YOU THINK YOU CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS??
Baby, You Can Drive My Car
What could inspire more trivia than movies and baseball? CARS, of course.
1. Which of the two following cars was introduced first?
a. Chevrolet Corvette
b. Ford Thunderbird
2. Which song is not about a car?
a. "Pink Cadillac"
b. "Little Deuce Coupe"
c. "Little Honda"
3. When did cupholders first arrive in U. S. cars?
4. Steve McQueen drove a Ford Mustang in the famous chase scene in "Bullitt." What was the other car?
a. Dodge Charger
b. Pontiac GTO
c. Plymouth Barracuda
d. Chevy Impala
5. Which car was on the cover of both NEWSWEEK nad TIME on April 20, 1964?
6. When was the VW Microbus introduced in the United States?
7. Which of these was never a production model car?
8. Which car did James Bond first drive in "Goldfinger"?
d. Aston Martin
9. Which auto executive was the driving force behind the Pontiac GTO?
a. Lee Iacocca
b. Harley Earl
c. Alfred P. Sloan
d. John De Lorean
10. When was seat belts made mandatory?
11. What was the longest sedan made between 1953 and 1960?
a. 1959 Cadillac sedan DeVille
b. 1956 Chrysler New Yorker
c. 1960 Lincoln Continental
d. 1952 Oldsmobile 88
12. What did Wayne drive in "Wayne's World"?
a. Ford Pinto
b. AMC Pacer
c. AMC Gremlin
d. Chevy Nova
14. What was the first BMW to gain wide popularity in the United States?
a. 5 Series
15. Which car did Ricardo Montalban promote for its "fine Corinthian leather" seats?
a. Cadilla El Dorado
b. Plymouth Belverdere
c. Chevy Caprice
d. Chrysler Cordoba
16. Which car was Ralph Nader's "Unsafe at Any Speed" written about?
a. Ford Pinto
b. Chevy Corvair
c. VW Beetle
d. Plymouth Valiant
17. What were Nissans called before they were Nissans?
18. Which year saw the first major nationwide smog controls?
19. Which car did Dustin Hoffman drive in "The Graduate"?
b. Porsche Carrera
c. Alfa Romeo Spider
d. Jaguar XKE
20. Where does the name "Chevrolet" come from?
a. Louis Chevrolet, a famous car driver
b. Fracois Chevrolet, a French car designer
c. Jacques Chevrolet, a New Orleans car collector
d. Its' a made up word
21. Who made the 1970s car called "The Thing"?
22. When did Chrysler introduce the Hemi engine?
23. How many meals a year does the typical persons eat in a car?
24. Who made the Avanti
25. Match the car with the television show:
a. Howard Cynningham's car on "Happy Days" .... 1. Dodge Charger
b. The Ricardos road trip on "I Love Lucy" ..........2. 1946 DeSoto
c. Bo and Luke's Gen. Lee on "Dukes of Hazard" ....3. Mercury Marquis
d. Starsky's car on "Starsky and Hutch" ................4. Ford Torino
e. Michael Kanight's KITT on "KNight Rider"......... 5. Ford Thunderbird
f. McGarrett's vehicle on "Hawaii Five-O" ..............6. 1955 Pontiac
g. Tod Stile's car on "Route 66" ..............................7. Corvette
h. Featured car on "77 Sunset Strip" ......................8. Pontiac Trans Am
26. Complete these advertising campaign slogans:
a. Put your hands on a __________________ You'll never let go.
b. See the U.S.A. in your _________________
c. Standing on the corner watching all the __________________ go by.
d. It's not your father's __________________.
27. What did Suzanne Somers drive in "American Graffitti?
28. Which kind of car brought Micahel J. Fox "Back to the Future"?
29. When was the Interstate Highway System born?
30.How many cars and trucks were on the road in 1962, and how many are there today?
a. 50 million/101 million
b. 72 million/205 million
c. 78 million/237 million
d. 145 million/147 million
31. What was the No. 1 passenger car brand in the U.S. in 1962, and what is the No. 1 brand today?
32. What was the No. 1 car line in the disco era (circa 1978)?
a. Olds Cutlass Supreme
b. Pontiac GTO
c. Cadillac Seville
d. Honda Accord
33. Which car chassis were early Zamboni ice-resurfacing machines built on?
26. a: Toyota
(Source:NEWSWEEKMAG Pop Quiz Section)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 11:06 PM