| Wednesday, April 26, 2006
| PAUL McCARTNEY OF THE BEATLES
|From Yesterday to Today (The McCartney Years)
Born June 18 in Liverpool, England.
Mother, Mary McCartney, dies of breast cancer.
Elvis Prestley makes first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show.
Formation of the Beatles.
John F. Kennedy assasinated.
Beatles single "I Want to Hold Your Hands" hits No. 1 on U.S. charts.
Beatles appears on The Ed Sullivan Show
A Hard Days Night
Begins dating actress Jane Asher
Beatles last concert, Candlestick Park
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band
The Summer of Love
Visits India to study with the Maharishi
Marries photographer Linda Eastman; first child, Mary is born
"Paul is dead" rumors
Man lands on the moon
The Let It Be roof top performance
Announces Beatle's breakup
Releases first solo Album, McCartney
Forms Wings Rock Band
Richard Nixon resigns as president
John Lennon is murdered
Paul is busted for pot in Japan
Outbid by Michael Jackson for the Northern Music catalog
Performs Liverpool Oratorioat the Carnegie Hall
"Linda McCartney" vegetarian-foods line launched
Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II
Daughter Stella named head designer at Chloe
Linda McCartney dies of breast cancer
Paul inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist
Exhibits his artwork for the first time
Publishes book of poetry, Blackbird Singing
Debut's song "Freedom" at Concert for New York
Gerge Harrison dies
Paul marries model and activist Heather Mills
Fifth child, Beatrice Milly, is born
Publishes children's picture book, High Over Clouds
Releases Chaos and Creation in the Backyard his 39th post Beatles album
A HARD DAYS QUIZ (Test Your Paul IQ)
1. Paul McCartney does not own the rights to which of the following songs?
a). I Love Lucy theme
b). "LOve Me Do"
c). "THe Christmas Song" ("Chestnut Roasting....")
d). "Get Back"
2. What is Paul's Nickname?
a). El Guapo
b). Big P
d). The Walrus
3. The original title of "Testerday" was
a). "Scrambled Eggs"
b). "Far Away"
c). "Come and Gone"
d). "Something Dumb"
4. Paul's first musical instrument was a
5. Which of his songs does Paul most frequently list as his favorite?
a). "Hey Jude"
b). "Here,There and Everywhere"
d). "Let it Be"
6. A young Paul failed his audition to join which of the following?
a). Liverphool Cathedral Choir
b). Gin Mill Skiffle Group
c). Rory Storm and the Hurricanes
d). Royal Academy of Music
7. After getting his first serious girlfriend pregnant in 1962, Paul
a). Offered tomarry her
b). Neglected her as he threw himself more fully into his work with the Beatles.
c). Broke up with her when she miscarried
d). All of the above
8. Which of the following pseudonyms has Paul not used?
a). Paul Ramon
b). Apollo C. Vermouth
c). Dr. Winston O'Boogie
d). Bernard Webb
9. Having originally hoped to play lead guitar for the Beatles, Paul realized his wish on which of the following songs?
a). "Sexy Sadle"
c). "You Can't Do That"
d). "Let It Be"
10.Paul wrote the title music for which of the following movies?
a). Vanilla Sky
b). Spies Like Us
c). Live and Let Die
d). All of the above
1. (d) Through his company MPL, Communications, Paul has pruchased several notable song catalogues that contain show tunes and other classics. With the exception of a few songs, such as "LOve Me Do" and "PS, I Love You", the Lennon McCartney catalog is owned by Michael Jackson.
3. (a)original first line "Srambled eggs, oh, my bay, how I love your legs".
7. (d) The woman in question, Dot Rhone, eventually moved to Canada, married and lived happily ever after.
8. (c) Dr. Winston O'Boogie was one of John Lennon's pseudonyms.
9. (b) a surprise since "Taxman" is by the Beatles lead guitarist, George Harrison
(Source:AARPMAG by: Allan Kozinn)
|posted by infraternam meam @ 1:18 AM