<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5742028\x26blogName\x3dIN+FRATERNAM+MEAM\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://melsantos.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://melsantos.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-2412090022613899112', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
IN FRATERNAM MEAM
Friday, December 31, 2004
THE WORST AND BEST OF EVERYTHING...2004
(this is a long blog, but it's worth reading for
this New Year)


WORST CLAIM TO FAME
(from The Seattle Times)
A 10-year old boy from Montpelier, Vt.,
beat eight finalists to wint the Golden Sneaker Award--
a prize for the most rotten sneaker. The champ,
Daegan Goodman, was awarded a $500 savings bond
and assorted Odor Eater products. One judge,
George Aldrich, 48, who had conducted hundreds of smell
tests for NASA, said: " The stench stayed with me for
days. It's like a flashback." As for the winner, young
Daegan said, " I just wear 'em, seat in 'em and play sports".
**********

BEST RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE
(from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
What do you show a pontiff who has seen just about everything?
Pope John Paul II presided over a performance of break-dancers
who leaped, flipped and spun their bodies on the inlaid marble
floor of the Vatican Hall to beats from a boom box. The 83-year
old pontiff seemed to approve, waving his hand after each
dancer compleated a move, then applauding for the entire group.
"For this creative hard work," he said, "I bless you from my heart".
**********

BEST NEW ARTIST
(from The Washington Post)
You think Eddie, the terrier from Frasier, was talented? Another
Jack Russell, named Tillie, had her own art gallery in the
Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. The pooch's instinctive scratch
marks have drawn comparisons to abstract artists Jackson Pollock
and Cy Twombly. Owner Bowman Hastie, a 35- year old writer,
noticed Tillie pawing furiously at one of his notepads one day.
"She really had a sense of focus and determination", he says.
"I was amazed by it." Faster than you could say "Pablo Picasso,"
and artist was born. Tillie, 5, takes the canvass in her mouth
to her workspace, where she claws at it feverishly. Whatever is
left on the canvast is her final creation -- though she gets
so carried awaay sometimes, she ends up destroying her own work.
**********

WORST GOVERNMENT WAIST
( from The Times-Picayune (New Orleans)
ALouisian Democrat introduced a bill which would make it a crime to
wear low-riding pants that expose underwaer, buttocks or pubic areas.
"Louisian's line of decency starts at the waistline". said
Rep. Derricj Sheperd. "Louisian stands for decency.What sense does
it make to put our moral house in order?" Sheperd's sermonlike
speech prompted catcalls and cheeky chants from some other state
legislators, and he was the butt of several jokes as he returned
to his seat. "No crack!" shoued his colleague from Jena, Rep Tommy Wright.
**********

WORST ATTMEPT TO DAMPEN OUR SPIRITS
(from The Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
If you've noticed that your Jack Daniel's has a little less kick
these days, you're right. The famed "sippin whiskey" has lowered
the alcohol content of its flagship brand, Old No. 7 Black Label,
to 80 proof instead of 86-- and some drinkers feel betrayed. "You
can't screw with a legend like that and get away with it," said
Frank Kelly Rich, editor of Modern Drunkard Magazine. "I'm sure
Jack is spinning in his grave".
**********

BEST DREAM DATE
(from The New York Post)
A Japanese company is selling a pillow shaped like a guy, which
gives ladies a good night's cuddle without any belches or blanket
hogging. "My grandmother used to say that there is no more
comfortable pillow than a human, " said Tomoki Kakeshi, president
of Kameo Corp., the pillow's manufacturer. The invention -- a
headless torso with a stuffed arm-- sells for $100. The steep
price hasn't deterred those who want a man's touch without having
to deal with his, uh, needs. "I think it is great because this
does not betray me." said one customer.
**********

BIGGEST TURNOFF
(From the Chicago Tribune)
A new gadget that lets people turn off TVs-- anywhere, from airports
to restaurants is selling at a fast clip. "We are swamped", said the
inventor, Mitch Altman of San Francisco. The keychain fob works
like a universal remote-- but it only turns TVs off (or on)
With the sap of a button, the gizmo goes through nearly 200
infrared codes that control the power of about 1000 TV models.
Altman, 48 got the idea from TV-B-Gone while out with friends
at a restaurant. They all found themselves glued to the TV instead of
talking to one another, and no one was around to turn the TV off.
**********

BEST BET
(from the Houston Chronicle)
A British man who sold all his possessions, including his clothes,
stood in a rented tuxedo and bet, everything on a single spin of the
roulette wheel. Ashley Revell took $135,300 to Vegas and placed
it all on "red" The wheel was spun, and the crowd went wild when
the ball landed on Red 7, and Revell left with $270,600. He gave
the croupier a $600 tip and said he planned to party- and buy new
clothes. "it was really down to my friends and Mum and Dad," he said,
"I knew even if I lost, I'd always have a home to go to".
"I'm still against it," said his dad. "He shouldn't have done it.
He's a naughty boy".
**********

WORST DRINKING BUDDY
(from The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, Tenn.)
In an unusual taste test, a bear chose Rainier beer over Busch. The
black bear was found passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort near
Concrete, Wash., surrounded by 36 empty beer cans. It has
gotten into the coolers of some nearby campers, who had stocked up
on both brands of beer for their trip. Fish and Wildlife Enforcement
Sgt., Bill Heinck said the bear did try one of Busch, but ignored the
rest. The beast then consumed all the camper's rainier. Wildlife agents
used a large, humane trap to capture the bear, baiting the trap with
the usual; doughnuts, honey and , in this case, cans of Rainier.
That did the trick.
"I've know them to get into cans, but nothing like this," Heinck said.
"And it defintiely had a preference".
**********

WORST WAY TO STRIKE IT RICH
(from the Autin (Texas) American-Statesman)
A longview, Texas woman came home to find crude oil covering her
floors and overflowing the toilets, bathtubs and sinks. Experts believe
that Leila LeTourneau's house was built over an abandoned well that
was not properly plugged/ "I always teased people, "does'nt everybody
in Texas have an oil derrick in the backyard?" she said.
"Then I discovered I struck oil inside the house".
**********

CORNIEST PROPOSAL
From the New York Post)
Corey Cook ignored his girlfriend's warnings not to do anything corny
if he proposed to her:He had a farmer carve the words,"Michelle
will you marry me?" into a Napoleon, Ohio, cornfield. Then he flew
his sweetheart over the field and popped the question with a ring,
"She starred giggling like a little girl on Christmas morning
and said "yes", Cook happily reported


(abstracted from the compilation from THECHICAGOTRIBUNE)
posted by infraternam meam @ 4:29 AM  
31 Comments:
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger blogdollar2 said…

    Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about camper dealer delaware sale used.
    Stop by and check it out sometime at camper dealer delaware sale used

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger TS said…

    Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
    you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
    zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
    a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Steve Austin said…

    Tasty blog! Please check out my german wine blog.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger jon said…

    I am trying to find new roofing product people and found your blog while searching. I totally agree with that...

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger swissred said…

    Really interesting adware post. I'm the webmaster of an adware eliminator free spyware website, feel free to grab info from there for your next posts.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kevin Jackson said…

    Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for caffeine and high blood pressure and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where caffeine and high blood pressure appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Quit Smoking said…

    Having discovered your blog through the blooger toolbar, I hope you don't mind saying that I have a ebooks site/blog. It pretty much covers ebooks related stuff. Check it out if you have time.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Roy Naka said…

    Help! I am lost. I was searching for finder pet and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Smallman said…

    Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

    I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

    My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a penis stretching related site pertaining to penis stretching related articles.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Enlargement said…

    I have a penis stretching site. It pretty much covers penis stretching related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Richpoo said…

    Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about fox sports

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Best Buy said…

    Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of golf equipment test if you can't either check out my site golf equipment test

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Basket said…

    Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

    Merci pour est un bon blogger.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said…

    Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about business health insurance oregon small
    . It pretty much covers business health insurance oregon small
    related stuff.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger bill naka said…

    Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about wedding gift

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Designer Doggie Wear said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a coat dog free knitting pattern site. It pretty much covers ##Custom Dog Coats## related stuff.

    Tired of those knit sweaters, the ones that stretch out and have legs that your dog hates? Us too! So we came up with a coat that fits comfortably and works well! You and your dog will love these coats! We know, because we have been dog breeders for 23 years and know what dogs like.

    All "Designer DoggieWear!" coats are handmade by ourselves in the United States. This assures the finest of quality and workmanship.



    Come and check it out if you get time.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Thanks for you visit said…

    Greetings,

    I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



    I have several pages of my own,

    I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
    My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

    My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger cc Infopage said…

    Hello,

    I am searching around for fresh information
    for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

    It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

    I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

    Kind regards,
    Jos
    Today's News About eBay

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Roy Naka said…

    We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees dog pile. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is dog pile site/blog. It pretty much covers dog pile related stuff.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger cc Infopage said…

    Hello,

    I am searching around for fresh information
    for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

    It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

    I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

    Kind regards,
    Jos
    Today's News About eBay

    Get the eBay Business Box Today

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger doer said…

    Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a Eay related web site. Please visit and hope that it's useful.

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger harvey3 said…

    Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here antique auction get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising antique auction

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger prallot said…

    Hello!
    I find this blog very interesting and I will come back often.
    In the meantime I can recommend wedding alter decoration
    This is a directory of all You need to find out about wedding alter decoration.
    So please, don´t miss this opportunity to find out all You need to know in one place.
    wedding alter decoration

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger PolarTrader said…

    Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    If you are looking for a REAL way to make serious money without hassles then read on... fx trading school Site.

    It pretty much covers fx trading school related stuff. Free Forex eBooks :-)

    Check it out if you get time :-)

    -----------------------------------------------------

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Admin said…

    Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

    Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
    Las Vegas Vacations
    Thanks

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Couch Potato said…

    Help me Dude, I'm lost.

    I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

    No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

    He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

    But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

    Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

    And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

    "You give me love and consolation,
    You give me strength to carry on "

    Strange day or what? :-)

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger WellFancyThat said…

    Congratulations. You've made my visit worthwhile. I'll certainly want to keep tabs on where this blog goes next. My interests include forklift scale and its a subject discussed in various articles that include forklift scale. Have a look see.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Editor Choice said…

    Quality blog, enjoyed it. I will comeback.
    Here an interesting site regarding: Chicago travel: Best prices at Chicago travel, best in travel industry in Chicago have great deals in travel industry on hotels, flights, Chicago tours, Concerts, Sports Tickets, Restaurants, sight seeing in Chicago and much more. Has an impressive guide on Chicago , for your visit to Chicago, to provide useful travel information, hints and tips.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Best Buy said…

    Great stuff on womens golf equipment and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about womens golf equipment

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Bloggy said…

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Silvianne said…

    I just came across a great gardening website called AtlGardening.com*. Not only does it feature articles for the gardening enthusiast, but has become a great gardening design
    resource for me in my landscaping effort. The webmaster of this site has recently added a book section that seemed to expand everytime I go there.
    What I like about it is that I get instant access to the book and don't have to wait for the book(s) to arrive which of course saves me money.....no shipping charges.... in some cases. Great idea. I love it. You must check it out today. Let me know what you think.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: infraternam meam
Home: Chicago, United States
About Me: I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER